1.We are Can Can Car Finance Ltd. Under the Data Protection laws, we are engaged as a Data Controller and a Data Processor. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our registered office:
Can Can Car Finance Ltd, Euro Centre, Neath Abbey Business Park, Neath Abbey, Neath, SA10 7DR.
2.In the course of helping you to purchase a vehicle and also in preparing, at your request, an application for hire purchase or loan facilities, you will be giving to us personal information about yourself which we have an obligation to protect under Data Protection legislation. The personal data which is protected from improper use includes your name, address and date of birth, and where appropriate, particulars of your employment and bank details.
3.The reason why we collect and process your personal data is to assist you to enter into a contract for the purchase of a vehicle and, if you request it, an RAC Warranty, and as you are seeking hire purchase or loan facilities we need to process your personal data for the purpose of submitting an application to finance companies and obtaining a credit reference from a Credit Reference Agency, By applying to us for assistance in buying an appropriate vehicle by way of hire purchase or loan facilities you are consenting to the disclosure of your information to the Credit Reference Agency, www.callcredit.co.uk/crain / www.equifax.co.uk/crain / www.experian.co.uk/crain and to the finance companies.
4. In dealing with your application we will search your record with Credit Reference Agencies which they will add to their record about you, details of our search, the finance company search and your application. This may be seen by other organisations that make searches. The finance company will also add to your record with Credit Reference Agencies the details of your agreement with them and your payment record under the hire purchase or loan agreement with them. These records will be shared with other organisations and may be used by them to consider further applications for credit and credit related services, to trace debtors, recover debt, and for fraud prevention. The finance company may also check your details with fraud prevention agencies, which themselves share their records with other organisations. If you wish to receive details of Credit Reference & Fraud Prevention Agencies from whom we and the finance company obtain information and to whom we pass information about you. We will also share your Data internally with The Trade Centre Wales, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the above address or visit our website for further details. You have a legal right to these details.
5. You should be aware that we keep a record of your personal data for a period of 12 months.
6. If you would like to receive marketing information about our products and services would you please tick one or more of the following boxes which describes your preferred method or methods by which you wish to receive our communications.
By not selecting any of the above methods of communication you acknowledge that you will not be receiving any marketing information.
7. The Data Protection Laws give you a right to prevent your personal data being processed for direct marketing, so you can at any time give written notice to us to stop sending marketing information to you. You can do this by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing or by email at the address given in paragraph 1 of this notice.
8. If you have decided to receive marketing information from us and have ticked one or more of the boxes above, we shall retain a copy of your consent for the time being, but you have a right at any time to withdraw your consent to our keeping and processing your personal data and can do so at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer by email or in writing at the addresses given in paragraph 1 of this Notice. If you do so we undertake to delete your personal data from our records immediately.
9. For the purposes of Marketing, we will not be sharing your personal data with any other company except The Trade Centre Wales Ltd, which is an associate company owned by us and which is in the business of providing a Credit Information Service.
10. The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your postal address or your email address or your telephone number, please let us know by contacting our marketing department on email@example.com
11. You have a right of access to your personal data and to have it rectified and to require us to erase it, and to restrict processing it. You also have a right to have your personal data transferred to another Data Controller if you so wish, and the right not to be subject to an Automated Decision. You have a further right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or the Financial Conduct Authority, Head Office, 25 The North Colonnade, London, E14 5HS.
12. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out in Paragraph 9 or to withdraw your consent to our retention and processing of your personal data, you can do so, at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing at the address found in Paragraph 1.
13. If you would like to receive this notice in an alternative format, then please ask a member of staff for assistance.
14. By proceeding with your application to our Company you acknowledge that you have received, read and accepted the above Notice. A written copy of this Privacy Notice will be sent to you upon request or you can download a copy by clicking here
© 2019 Can Can Car Finance Ltd